When you are ready to pursue hearing aids, unfortunately, one of the first thoughts are, “how am I going to cover the cost?” At Wholistic Hearing Care, we do not want that to be your biggest concern. We have a variety of hearing aids technology levels and services packages, so you can customize to your budget and exactly what you need.
Does Health Insurance Cover Hearing Aids?
Hearing aids are not covered by all insurance plans, however, more and more are providing some benefit. To determine benefits, give the toll free number on the back of your insurance card a call and ask for member services. Insurance coverage for hearing aids vary in ways it is administered for each plan, so it is best to find out how your plan works. We can also help you navigate your insurance plan and discover any hearing aid benefits you may have.
We are in network with Medicare, however Medicare does not currently cover hearing aids. Medicare will cover the hearing evaluation if primary care physician referral is received prior to testing. Some Medicare supplemental insurance plans may offer hearing aid benefits through a third party.
Questions to Ask Your Insurance about Hearing Aids:
Call the membership number on the back of your insurance card and ask the following questions to learn all about the hearing aid coverage you may have.
- What is my health plan hearing aid benefit?
- Do I have to use specific providers, and if so, may I have a list of the ones in my area?
- If my health plan has an allowance/benefit, do I have to pay the provider in full and then submit paperwork to be reimbursed, or can the provider bill my insurance directly?
- Is the benefit limited to specific hearing aid models or technology?
- Are there stipulations or certain criteria to meet for coverage?
If you do not have hearing aid benefits, or need additional financial support, we offer financing through CareCredit.